("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms of website use and terms and conditions and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
UpEffect considers data protection and privacy to be of paramount importance. We never sell personal data and we carry out all processing operations in strict compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) as well as the Laws of England & Wales (together the “Applicable Law”), where UpEffect is registered. For the purpose of the GDPR, the data controller is UpEffect Limited which is registered in England and Wales under company number 10189459 and has its registered office at 4C Lynwood Avenue, Epsom, KT17 4LQ.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
UpEffect bears responsibility for lawfully processing your data as carried out on our site.
WHAT KIND OF PERSONAL DATA IS PROCESSED AND FOR WHAT PURPOSE?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site theupeffect.com (“our site”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, create or support a campaign, subscribing to receive information from us, our campaign creators or our partners or posting material;
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We process this usage data to facilitate your access to our services (e.g. to adjust our services to the device you are using), and to recognise and stop any misuse. We also process usage data in an anonymised form for statistical purposes and to improve our site.
DATA THAT WE MAY HOLD
You may deactivate your UpEffect account and/or unsubscribe from receiving content or offers from us at any time by emailing email@example.com. Following termination of your account, we may retain your personal data (in part or in whole) in order to meet any regulatory and reporting requirements for the timeframes stipulated by law in order to be able to address customer service issues. Any other personal data we would have been processing on your behalf would be deleted permanently within 30 calendar days.
Should you wish to have certain parts of your data removed or would like to see a copy of the data we hold of you then please contact us via email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to be informed of Personal Data processed by UpEffect, a right to rectification/correction, erasure and restriction of processing. You also have the right to receive from UpEffect a structured, common and machine-readable format of Personal Data you provided to us. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by following the instructions to unsubscribe from the receipt of further materials in the marketing e-mails you receive or by contacting us at email@example.com.
We can only identify you via your email address and we can only adhere to your request and provide information if we have Personal Data about you through you having made contact with us directly and/or you using our site and/or service. We cannot provide, rectify or delete any data that we store on behalf of our users or customers.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We still store your usage data until such time when you withdraw your consent for us to do so. All other data as specified above will be retained for as long as is necessary for your purpose(s) for which we originally collected it. We may also retain information as required by law.
UpEffect as a platform does not collect or store IP Addresses, however, our third party tools do. More information provided below.
ACCESS AND DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
We use a select number of trusted external service providers including Stripe, SendGrid, Facebook, Google Analytics, Typeform, Mixpanel and Mailerlite for certain technical data analysis, processing and/or storage offerings. These service providers are carefully selected and meet high data protection and security standards. We only share information with them that is required for the services offered and we contractually bind them to keep any information we share with them as confidential and to process Personal Data only according to our instructions. More information available on these services below.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your device if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your device's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after 365 days.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
You agree that we may use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
- to notify you about changes to the services described on our site.
You agree that we may also use your data, or permit Campaign Creators to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services you have purchased through theupeffect.com. and we or they may contact you about these by e-mail.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if all or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of website use or to protect the rights, property, or safety of third parties or other users of our site. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
THIRD PARTY TOOLS
We use Google Analytics to collect composite user data to assess traffic flow. No IP addresses are collected. Users can opt-out of Google analytics using the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
We use Mixpanel to monitor user behavior on our site, no IP addresses are collected or stored, we retain event data for 5 years, people data is retained indefinitely and can be deleted easily by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We use Facebook to collect the email address associated with your Facebook account if you choose to sign up using Facebook credentials. We request permission to access your name, profile picture, and friend list (these permissions are governed by Facebook’s privacy policies and can be managed through your Facebook privacy settings). We never post anything to your Facebook, Twitter, or other third-party accounts without your permission.
We use Stripe for payment processing, and the payment information you submit is collected and used by them in accordance with their privacy policies (https://stripe.com/us/legal)
We use Sendgrid to process platform emails and track marketing efforts. Emails are sent to UpEffect users or those signed up to our mailing lists. SendGrid is Privacy Shield certified.
We use Mailerlite to process emails and track marketing efforts. Emails are sent to UpEffect users or those explicitly signed up to our mailing lists. People data, including IP addresses, are collected. These can be easily be deleted by contacting us at email@example.com
We use Typeform to collect data related to your business proposition to inform our decision on whether you're a good fit for UpEffect.
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates to verify our identity to your browser and to encrypt any data you give us.
Whenever information is transferred between us, you can check that it is done so using SSL by looking for a closed padlock symbol or other trust mark in your browser's URL bar or toolbar.
Siteground Inc., Corporate Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
4c Lynwood Avenue